How do water softeners work?
Water softener work via ion exchange, replacing all calcium and magnesium with sodium. Raw tap water enters the softener and is run through our Cullex resin which actively holds onto the “hard” elements in your water and replacing it with “soft” elements allowing your water to become smoother, more soluble and a lot easier on your hair and skin. Eventually once all the resin in the system is exhausted the softener then regenerates itself flushing out all existing “hard” elements remaining in the system. Once again allowing it to provide you with soft water.
Some of the advantages of soft water include:
- Prevents scale build up on pipes, fixtures and dishes coming out of the dishwasher.
- Extends the life of all your water using appliances such as your dishwasher, washing machine, and most importantly your hot water tank/ hot water on demand.
- Lowers water heating bills.
- Up to 30% more effective with soaps and detergents allowing for easier cleaning.
- Feels better on skin and hair, allowing for less use of soaps, shampoos, and conditioners.